Claiming tax back

How do I know if I’m entitled to claim tax back from the Inland Revenue?

Everyone of working age in the UK has an annual tax free allowance and there are many reasons why you may have overpaid.

If your tax affairs are complicated or you own your own business, you should consider employing a tax adviser to produce your tax returns and advise you on methods of reducing your tax bill.  They will also advise you if you have overpaid tax in the past although there are time limits involved, depending on which tax you are looking to claim back on (savings, income tax etc).

How do I avoid overpayments in the future?

Our financial planners advise most of our clients on how to make tax savings as part of their financial plan.  More specific tax savings advice forms part of the financial advice you would receive in your annual financial review with us.

How do I claim back any overpaid tax?

You can do this either by receiving tax help through a tax adviser or you can do it yourself if you are confident in your affairs.  See our links page or click here to go to HM Revenue & Customs.

Any further questions on claiming tax back?

If you want more information on personal tax savings or claiming tax back please call us on 01763 232326 or Email us.

PLEASE NOTE: This page is only accessible from our ‘quick links’ for ease of navigation.  To access the rest of our site for more information, please use the main menu at the top of the page.